Thursday, April 17, 2008

My first

Hello.


My first ever blog. I'm nervous. I'm nervous that I'll get carried away and write all kinds of things that'll come back to bite me in the ass some day! I'll try to contain myself.


This is me and my beautiful daughter Cushla. She's BIG fun. I'm trying not to let too much crazy rub off on her.

She's a funny little critter. Always smiling (although i've just realised the above photo is not one of those instances)! She'll be 10 months in less than a week and part of me is STILL adjusting to this huge change in my life.


I'm due to return to work in June and I've decided I'm not going back. I feel I'm ready to return to something part time and I'm not sure my job really lends itself to part time. Commission based sales (gym memberships) especially when there's a sales team, instead of me alone as it was for most of the last two years, would be akward part time. Not being around to chase up leads and meet customers at their convenience etc. I can just imagine the sales i'd have to hand over to somebody else...and i'd hate that.


On the other hand I really do need to start doing something. I have NOTHING to talk about apart from Cushla and her sleep patterns, eating habits, weight, height, bowel movements etc etc. I need something else to focus some energy on before I start inventing soap operas around myself for entertainment. So next week I'm refreshing my senior first aid qualification and then i can renew my registration with fitness WA and start instructing again provided I can find a local gym with a class but no instructor. The only other option would be to jump through the primary teaching hoops again and look for a job share. I will confess here that i do sometimes imagine I'm ready to teach again and that to job share would make it an entirely different job. But it wouldn't. It'd still mean planning till the wee hours and paperwork coming out my eyeballs and wild parents at the classroom door explaining that their child is gifted and needs special attention. One sentence and i've cured myself of any romantic notions of teaching I might have conjured and i haven't even mentioned the kids yet!


That's where I'm at. Slowly moving towards a very casual job. It's been a while. I don't want to scare myself off.

We're moving house. I'll miss this house. It's my first real house. I know there's the house in Dublin but that was already Don's when I moved in. This one was ours.


Old house


I'll post 'new house' photos when we're all moved in which shouldn't be too many weeks away.

G.











No comments: