
I can see it. The light. At the end of the tunnel...
I'm daydreaming of the brand new woman i'll be as of tonight!
D has his last exam today (good luck x) and then he'll have about 4 weeks of no study, assignments or exams and just his regular full time job to deal with (piece of cake?!). That means when he comes home in the evenings he won't be shoving in the earplugs and draggin' himself off to find a quiet spot to bury his head in equations. In my bestest imaginings it means he'll be coming home and tying on a manly looking apron to whip me up a delicious meal, doing all the washing up, maybe a quick bout of vacumming and a load or two or ironing before bringing me tea and massaging my feet until I fall asleep, not waking me until 8am because if any munchkins awake in the night he'll totally take care of it!
To add to my excitement Gamma and Grandad returned yesterday from a 46 day cruise. Next time I'll need to be consulted about any vacationing longer than 2 weeks. I don't know why 46 days didn't concern me when they first told me they were going. I was only excited for them. My excitement for them wore off after about 3 weeks and I just needed my babysitters back. I appreciated every little moment my mum was around to soak up some of chicken little's energy. We collected them from the ship yesterday and I promptly presented them with an intensive babysitting schedule from now till year's end.
This next part I'm a little nervous to put down in words less i jinx it....
Both children are back on track with the sleeping. Fraser still wakes once for a feed but that's ok. I can do that. 9 feeds a night I was struggling with but 1 feed I'm fine with. I'm getting lots (comparitively) of sleep and feeling better every day.
I've even got a hair appointment for Saturday.
It'll be a whole new me this time next week...
3 comments:
Yay for sleeping babes!
Good Luck Don!
woo hoo! i'm so with you. my eyebrows are in a dreadful state, but i can't get in till sunday. joe's been working on a master's degree....and is only at the front end of it. i often stay up with him till 11:30 at night to be the moral support when he's frustrated and wants to quit. then i get up with cally. it used to be once a night - but lately it's been 2 or 3 times. growth spurt? just not getting enough when i was away at work. thankfully, i'm off for the summer. phew! and, really. YOU are the amazing one. i have help to do the dishes, washing up, laundry...etc. would be great one of these days to catch up with you....face to face. miss you.
You are a super mom for sure. How do you do it all!! :)
p.s. Thank you for the lovely, unexpected wedding & bday cards. Seriously, with everything that you have going on...
Post a Comment