Monday, January 12, 2009

apologies

I'm crap. I've been so caught up in being back her in Perth and have so many million things to do and people to catch up with that blogging has fallen way to the bottom of the list. I've missed it though and I do log on now and then and catch up with what the rest of you are up to. I have to say how impressed I am that some of you continue to post regularly when you have jobs and/or children and even that certain somebody who has both and is also as pregnant as I am and has had visitors over the festive season. N! How do you do it?

So...I have some catching up to do.

Obviously we arrived home safely and without any airline/pregnancy dramas. I was asked only at one stage of our journey and it was while on board and strapped in ready to go so they would have had a fight if they'd tried to evict me! Anyhoo...we all got here and were met at the airport by my mum and dad who had brought our car along for us.

We managed to get a few hours sleep and the next morning Cushla went to play with Grandma and Grandad while Don and I unpacked and I caught up with appointments. Hair and obstetrician. Equally important! My hideous roots were taken care of and all was almost right with the world again. The ob asked me if I was sure I wanted to go ahead and try for a "normal" delivery after my previous emergency C section with Cushla. I was pretty set on avoiding surgery this time and had visions/hopes of a 30 minute labour where I jump up afterwards and am fully recovered. However, the obstetrician is obligated to run through the risks of a VBAC. Oh dear! I did take a few large swallows as she went through some of the risks and stats but still left the office intent on trying it the "normal" way. I won't go into the details but it made for some serious decision making. However, over the next week I did a little research of my own and found that the risk for me was a little worse because of the time between pregnancies and the fact that I had issues with my scar after the first time. Eventually, with great reluctance and quite a few tears I made the call, discussed again with the ob and we booked me in. Sooooooo..... on the 22nd of January baby Kennedy shall be with us.

I had another appointment last Friday where I chatted to my ob and a midwife. I'm not absolutely 'happy' with the decision but I'm coming to terms with it and it is my own decision. I begged Don to just make the decision for me and I hoped the ob would just tell me what to do but of course neither of them would.

Feeling a little funny about it all and I'll miss out on the excitement of getting those first contractions like last time and knowing that the baby is 'ready' to come. Although I'll admit the novelty wore off pretty quickly!

10 sleeps to go.

3 comments:

Norbyah said...

oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!!! only 10 sleeps???? are you ready? i'm soooooo excited. on the 22nd, my office mates are having a goodbye, celebratory lunch for me....and here you'll be with a new bubba at that point. i'm on pins and needles in anticipation. will look for you on skype so that i might even get to meet your new one that way. and you bet i'll be blogging about that one. oh, i'm no blogging superwoman....it's work avoidance really. love you tons and tons. it's been such fun being pregnant with you. wishing you a happy baby day.
xoxo

CheleTales said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the baby and the Kennedy clan. Wishing you a swift delivery and speedy recovery.

emily said...

oh, i'm so far behind! i'm thinking of you today!!!