Monday, October 12, 2009

Good stuff

I've been meaning for a while to post a list of bits and pieces we've come across that we're loving.


I bought two doidy cups when chicken little was first drinking from a cup and she was good with it but they have really really been brilliant for Fraser. I bought him two different kinds of baby sippy cups for water and didn't really have much success with either. Then tried the doidy cup and it's great! It's a slanted cup so that they don't have their whole face stuck in an upturned cup trying to drink. The angle means they can see the liquid and they can drink slowly instead of being hit in the face with a tidal wave. I ordered them from over East and then discovered on the back of the pack they are made in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Whenever I am at the computer Chicken little announces that she needs to do "some workings on the pewter" every time. It's fairly frustrating. She's not appeased if I switch it off and just let her play on the keyboard. So, I had a look around and found these two sites. I'm sure there are many more out there so please let me know if you are aware of any. Knee bouncers is a baby and toddler site known as a 'key bashing' site where the games respond to just random key bashing (or mouse clicking) There are loads of different games to choose from. Chicken Little is probably just a teeny bit old for this one but it entertains her for a few minutes. The other is FisherPrice. This has infant, toddler and pre school games and has a little more structure.

I'm also loving doing my grocery shopping online. So far only one supermarket does this in our area but that's ok. I love that the bell rings and somebody carries it all up our front steps and deposits it in my hallway. I was hating going to the supermarket. It was an expedition that required packing snacks and toys. It meant entertaining two small people in a not very entertaining environment. It meant I usually came home without everything I'd gone out for and with a load of crap I didn't need. I still have to make a quick dash to the little supermarket round the corner once or twice but we walk there in the pram to pick up milk or bread or whatever and it's so much better.

The other thing I discovered recently and became a little addicted to... (i'm a little ashamed to admit this one) is Lauren Luke. About a year and a half ago Lauren was selling make up on Ebay and to showcase the products she would apply the make up and take photos. From this she progressed to posting tutorials on youtube to show how to use the make up and from there it all went nuts for her and she now has her own makeup line. I saw her name mentioned in a magazine, looked her up online and started watching the tutorials. Now, I am not a big make-up wearer. However, I'm soooooo out of practice that when it IS called for I'm a little bit hopeless and fall back on my old faithful mascara and eyeliner, clear lipgloss and more mascara routine. Now I haven't actually had the time or opportunity to try any of the tutorials but I'm tempted and I fully expect I'll go back for a look whenever I finally decide to re-join the land of the groomed. This BBC video is a quick intro to Lauren's rise to fame.

Hmmmm...an odd little mix of stuff but I thought I'd share some of it.



1 comment:

Norbyah said...

thanks for sharing gilly. it's good to know what people think from time to time. and, it's a chance to get it out so others can connect. will have to check out these sites myself. ella loves working on the 'pewter.'

xo
n