1. Bananas
Mostly a favourite of Cushla. She eats one every morning and I swear we 
sometimes look to see where she threw it because it disappears so fast she couldn't possibly have eaten it! I buy them from the fruit stall down the street and have to buy in bulk because they refuse to cut the bunches in half for me. Unfortunately we usually have to throw a few out because we don't get through them all in time. Cushla would take care of the extras if we let her but somebody has to change the nappies and one banana a day is plenty i think!

sometimes look to see where she threw it because it disappears so fast she couldn't possibly have eaten it! I buy them from the fruit stall down the street and have to buy in bulk because they refuse to cut the bunches in half for me. Unfortunately we usually have to throw a few out because we don't get through them all in time. Cushla would take care of the extras if we let her but somebody has to change the nappies and one banana a day is plenty i think!
2. Sharky's Deli
Sharky's is a very tiny deli just down the street from our apartment. It's very nice and sells yummy breads and cheeses, pesto, home made yoghurt, pasta, oil, cold meats etc. The very first time we visited they gave Cushla a little yoghurt drink which she'd never had before but devoured without stopping for breath. Now everytime we go we are sure to stock up on YoFit for Cushla. It's such a tiny store that I tried leaving her in the car with the driver while I run in every couple days to buy bread but she has a little tantrum and the ladies in the shop have to run out and bring her in! She'll happily wait in the car when i visit other places but MUST come with me when i go to Sharky's. 
3. Hot Potato
Hot potato is a song by the wiggles. My mum introduced Cushla to it some time ago but it didn't really stick with her. Since we've been here she demands to watch it on 'you tube' EVERY DAY! She asks by doing the actions and repeating "hot pitay" until i load it up. So, 'hot potato' and 'toot toot chugga chugga (big red car)' can be heard blasting from the speakers of my computer at least once a day. I often catch myself singing the words when Cushla isn't even around. I've included the link...click carefully...it's dangerous!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBWQCHb95rg
4.Daddy

Our new lifestyle has meant Donncha is around lots lots more and we're loving it! No train to catch or traffic to avoid in the morning (plus the office is close by) means Don doesn't have to run out the door in the morning and we can all have brekkie together. In the late afternoon Cushla and I often drop by the office to collect him from work and then we all head home. Daddy frequently gives Cushla her dinner and then they can have play time while Mummy puts her fat feet up for a while! With no University in the evenings we're really getting used to having Don around so much. On the weekends none of us have many social commitments and so we all hang out together. So far we're not even the tiniest bit fed up of him!
5. Swimming
Cushla and I swim everyday. Well...Cushla swims and I try to keep my hands on her.
We head down to the pool around 9:30am and have about 20 minutes or so of splashing and practicing all the swimming rhymes we remember. Her new favourite thing to do is to climb out of the pool then crawl at superhero speed along the side (while I swim like a maniac to make sure i make it to the end before she does) and then jump in again with some help from ma ma. Every day she gets more and more confident which means more and more wriggly and as this bump gets bigger I'm not sure i'm going to be able to keep up for much longer. Time to strap some floaties on I think just incase mummy loses her grip one day! After our swim we set up camp on a sun lounger under an umbrella. Cushla has her yoghurt drink and a snack and mummy gets a cappuccino and we both read our books for 10 minutes before we head back upstairs to rinse off and get ready for lunch and naptime. It's a hard life!


5 comments:
Just catching up on your entries. Sounds like your adapting well and enjoying the experience. What a fun adventure! Hugs & Kisses.
what parallel lives we have! i also know hot potato and toot toot chugga chugga....bananas do not last long at our house either...we have daddy around much more in HK than ever in the US. isn't it great? though currently, he's in shanghai. your little deli sounds lovely. wish i had one here. how about a new bump pic? just had a check up yesterday. all good. you?
I do need to do a new bump photo. It's growing out of control. No check ups cause no suitable doc here but heading to singapore in a couple of weeks for an anti-D jab (ouch!) and a check up. Can't wait. I'll get onto that photo asap. x
Hi Gillian,
It has been great to be able to keep up to date with Cushlas life over there!!! I can only imagine how much fun she must be having!! Oh, and because I have shared this news with the mums in our group - I thought I would share with you guys too - Jasmine is going to have a little brother to play with...
looks like a wonderful life to me! i had some catching up to do as i haven't been online much the past couple of weeks, so happy to find so much to read about here! cushla gets more and more adorable with every new pic!
Post a Comment