
I don't think I've mentioned that I've returned to work. I tried to type that with a straight face but I didn't manage.
As of three weeks ago I have been instructing spin classes.
Actually spin class, singular. Just one. One hour a week.
In the three weeks I've been back at it I've had one single person attend one single class. She was a friend.
I also agreed not to be paid until there were at least a handful of paying customers. I'm not actually making any money from my one hour a week job. Nope...hang on...last week the boss felt sorry for me and gave me $20 petrol money for dragging my ass there 3 Saturday mornings in a row.
This coming Saturday is our last try then I'll admit defeat for now.
Classes are at a little personal training studio not too far from the house. I initially contacted them about attending a class but they told me that all the classes had been cancelled due to lack of interest. I couldn't believe it 'cause every other gym in the area has waiting lists and you need to show up an hour early to get a bike.
I couldn't stand the thought of a room full of bikes just sitting there so I offered to teach for nothing until there were a handful of regular paying customers. My thinking was that they could then advertise cheap classes to draw people in. As they weren't going to have to pay the instructor they could have had a month of $5 classes or something along those lines. However, as lovely as the owner is, she's doesn't seem to have much passion for the sales part of the business. She also gave me a key to her business?! She doesn't even know my phone number (even though I've given it to her she had to e-mail me last week and ask me to call her) and she's given me a key.
Anybody want to come along? 8:30am Saturday morning. I'll be there, spinning all by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment