Blogger has something called 'blogs of note' where they give special mention to interesting, entertaining or unusual blogs.
One day I was scrolling the list and found this blog, Stepford Dreams. I liked it and continued to follow.
Soon, Stepford Dreams began a Monday 'giveaway' which I'm yet to win but remain hopeful. Anyhoo...in order to enter the giveaway you just need to have a look around the site from which that weeks prize is provided and then leave a comment for Stepford Dreams and you're entered into the draw. Easy!
Soooo (I'm getting to it...promise) I was scanning some of the other comments left and found a comment from a blog which is dedicated to giveaways called Handmade Giveaways.
I was perusing (that word gives me the ick) the giveaway site and found that THESE were the prize of one giveaway!
So, what do you think?Let's forget for a second that the name of the website (mainly dedicated to cloth nappies) is E-a-poo and focus on their secondary product of cloth panty liners/pads.
I'm all for being environmentally conscientious and I like to do my little bit but I believe this might just be where I'd draw the line.
I think I could get my head around wearing it but it's the washing of it that I'd get stuck at. Could you? I understand there is a comparison to be drawn with the use of cloth nappies. That's different. Your baby's poo is different. I could do that. Your own monthly deposits though...could you? What about when you're out and about? You head to the loo at the cafe to 'freshen up' and what exactly do you do with the used liner? Pop it in a plastic bag and take it home? That would negate the environmental benefits surely, never mind the thought of carrying that around in your bag for the rest of the day.
What I do love about these cloth 'mama pads' are the fabrics. Two of my favourites are the menstrual maroon velour and the moo cow print.
5 comments:
You should check out the menstrual cup! I couldn't do either. xo
nooooo....menstrual cup? I'm gagging a little bit.
It's called a Diva Cup Gilly, I'll let you Google that little number for yourself ;-)
bloody hilarious!!!! sorry, couldn't resist. do you think they're scented?
oooh...scented...that's a good idea. If they're not then they should be!
Post a Comment