The following anecdotes are intended to highlight the ‘amusing’ encounters I have each day and should not be taken as complaints. Different is good.
We had a list of “improvements” we were hoping that the manager would recognise in relation to our new dwelling. There were things such as *no hot water in the kitchen *we only have one plate and one bowl * there’s furniture piled up at the door of the fire exit for our floor etc. We also requested a high chair for the apartment if they had one.
I met the manager on Monday and as he scrolled down my list he frowned as some of the requests and nodded at others. The high chair he got a little excited about and told me he would send it straight to the room. Great! I returned to the apartment and true to form 3.6 seconds later the door bell went and the high chair arrived. It’s the funniest thing! So cute! It was a little mini chair that balances on top of a dining chair. The maintenance guy who delivered it seemed confused when I tried to explain it was a little dangerous and that it had no straps and was wobbly on the chair but he eventually left and took the seat with him.
Cushla and I headed out for a while and when we came back the baby chair had been NAILED to their dining chair! It’s still not really safe but we brought our ‘tot seat’ with us which is a fabric travel seat that hangs over the back of a regular chair and clasps around middle of munchkin so we’ve combined the two and now we have the height and the straps.


I did head out with the driver to see if we could buy one but no such thing exists here. We went to many furniture shops and the one or two baby shops we could find and not only did they not stock such a thing but they found it pretty amusing. The furniture shops nodded enthusiastically but then directed us to really high stools with arm rests or mini armchairs on stilts, none of which had any straps.
We headed out to the restaurant in the apartment tonight for some dinner. We knew the portions were teeny so Don ordered soup before his pasta. My sandwich came first. I finished it (it was Cushla sized)
Then Don’s pasta came. He couldn’t eat it.
Then we were getting ready to head home and make toast when the soup came. Very funny. ! (not really his soup...tomato sauce...but pretty close)
We had a list of “improvements” we were hoping that the manager would recognise in relation to our new dwelling. There were things such as *no hot water in the kitchen *we only have one plate and one bowl * there’s furniture piled up at the door of the fire exit for our floor etc. We also requested a high chair for the apartment if they had one.
I met the manager on Monday and as he scrolled down my list he frowned as some of the requests and nodded at others. The high chair he got a little excited about and told me he would send it straight to the room. Great! I returned to the apartment and true to form 3.6 seconds later the door bell went and the high chair arrived. It’s the funniest thing! So cute! It was a little mini chair that balances on top of a dining chair. The maintenance guy who delivered it seemed confused when I tried to explain it was a little dangerous and that it had no straps and was wobbly on the chair but he eventually left and took the seat with him.
Cushla and I headed out for a while and when we came back the baby chair had been NAILED to their dining chair! It’s still not really safe but we brought our ‘tot seat’ with us which is a fabric travel seat that hangs over the back of a regular chair and clasps around middle of munchkin so we’ve combined the two and now we have the height and the straps.


I did head out with the driver to see if we could buy one but no such thing exists here. We went to many furniture shops and the one or two baby shops we could find and not only did they not stock such a thing but they found it pretty amusing. The furniture shops nodded enthusiastically but then directed us to really high stools with arm rests or mini armchairs on stilts, none of which had any straps.
We headed out to the restaurant in the apartment tonight for some dinner. We knew the portions were teeny so Don ordered soup before his pasta. My sandwich came first. I finished it (it was Cushla sized)

Then Don’s pasta came. He couldn’t eat it.
Then we were getting ready to head home and make toast when the soup came. Very funny. ! (not really his soup...tomato sauce...but pretty close)We also felt terrible leaving because only moments after we arrived at the restaurant the band came shuffling in as though they’d been summoned especially for us. We left them alone singing “raindrops keep falling”. I’m sure they’ll be allowed to head back to their room now until the next dinner guest arrives. 

2 comments:
oh boy! i love the makeshift high chair! what do they use, i wonder, instead??
I've been looking around but I suspect it's a case of just feed from your knee or sitting on the ground. Spaghetti from my knee is not my idea of a good time though!
Post a Comment